Haniela’s and I have been online cookie friends for a long time, although we have yet to meet in person! But I’m glad we have the internet to connect us and allow us to collaborate on projects together, like this pink winter wonderland scene made of gingerbread cookies! Scroll down for the video tutorial and supply list.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my affiliate disclosure here.
As part of our collaboration, Hani made this gorgeous snowflake cookie wreath. You can watch her video tutorial to learn how to make one here on her YouTube channel.
To make my pink winter wonderland cookies, I gathered a few of my favorite Christmas cookie cutters from my collection. I’ve had a lot of these for several years and some I found more recently during my travels, so unfortunately I don’t have links to purchase them online. But there are so many beautiful cookie cutters available in stores and online that I’m sure you’ll be able to find some that work for you.
You can find all of these supplies here in my Amazon Store.
- Gingerbread cookie dough
- Flood consistency royal icing
- Medium consistency royal icing
- Decorating bags
- Decorating tip 1
- Decorating tip 2
- Decorating tip 3
- Scribe tool
- Granulated sugar
- Meringue powder
- Decorator brush
- Shiny and Bright sprinkle mix from Sprinkle Pop
- Decorating tweezers
- Colors: Pink and brown from The Wilton Color Right set. Mix pink with a tiny drop of brown to get the soft pink shown here.
- Bake and cool the gingerbread cookies according to the instructions.
- Begin by icing Christmas tree cookies with white and pale pink flood consistency royal icing icing and a decorating tip 3.
- Use a scribe tool to help shape the icing.
- Allow the icing to dry completely.
- Mix a little bit of meringue powder with a few drops of water to create an edible glue.
- Brush the meringue powder mixture onto the dry icing.
- Dip the cookie into granulated sugar to create a frosty effect.
- Attach sprinkles and dragees with dots of flood consistency royal icing (use decorating tweezers to help handle the sprinkles). This sprinkle mix is called Shiny & Bright and is available at sprinklepop.shop
- Repeat the process with the rest of the cookies in your Winter Wonderland set.
Watch the video tutorial below!
Visit Haniela’s YouTube channel to watch her tutorial on how to make a snowflake wreath!
Pin this project for later!
Click on the images below for more cookie projects: