My friend Miki of Sugarcoder and I felt like making something really cute for a summertime collaboration! We decided on an ice cream theme and I couldn’t resist putting little faces and purple bows on my ice cream cookies. You can see her video on how to bake adorable ice cream cone macarons on her YouTube channel.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these ice cream cookies. Most of these decorating products can be found online at Candyland Crafts.
- Roll out cookie dough (use your favorite recipe or get mine in the tutorial shop)
- Ice cream cone cookie cutter
- Very thin flood consistency royal icing in pink, blue, yellow and green for the ice cream cones (Normally, I use 15 second count royal icing, but for this project, you’ll need a more watery consistency as you’ll see in the video below.)
- Stiff consistency royal icing in white and purple (http://bit.ly/1RgmWFR)
- Flood consistency royal icing in white, blue, and black
- Wilton decorating tip 1
- Wilton decorating tip 2
- Wilton decorating tip 3
- 12″ decorating bags
- Tipless piping bags
- Scribe Tool