If you haven’t seen the gorgeous edible artwork of Nutmeg and Honeybee on Instagram or Facebook, you are missing out! I’m so glad to have had this opportunity to work with Meghan on this project. Visit her YouTube channel to learn how to turn this design into beautiful and delicious macarons!
These tattoo inspired rose cookies were inspired by a page in a coloring book shown to me by my friend Sandra while I was teaching cookie decorating classes in Barcelona a few months ago. The book is called Just Add Color: Tattoos and you can find it here on Amazon.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these rose cookies:
- Roll out cookie recipe (use your favorite or get mine in the tutorial shop)
- Paring knife to cut cookies (I don’t have a rose cookie cutter so I cut these by hand)
- Flood consistency royal icing
- Stiff consistency royal icing
- Small decorating bags
- Decorating tips 1 and 2
- Scribe tool
- Colors: The Wilton Color Right color system was used to create all of the icing colors in this set of cookies