I’ve had this design floating around in my head for a while, but we recently got some exciting news and these marbled cookies with pink roses seemed like the perfect cookie to share along with the announcement!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my affiliate disclosure here.
If you haven’t guessed already, we’re having another baby girl! I’m sure many of you remember my gender reveal cookies that I made when I was pregnant with Olive. It’s been almost 3 years since then! I can’t wait for her to have a little sister.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these marbled cookies with gold trim and pink roses. Find these supplies in my Amazon Store.
- Roll Out Cookie Dough
- 3-1/2″ Ann Clark Heart Cookie Cutter
- Flood consistency royal icing white and gray
- Medium consistency royal icing in golden brown
- Stiff consistency royal icing in light pink
- Decorating bags
- Decorating tips 3, 1, 101, and 352
- Decorator brushes
- Scribe tool
- TruColor LLC Liquid Shine gold
- Black from the Wilton Color Right set
- Gray = black
- Golden brown = brown + yellow
- Paint palette or small dish for gold paint
- Wilton Color Dust in Pink
- Begin by icing a heart-shaped cookie with white flood consistency royal icing and a decorating tip 3.
- Use a scribe tool to evenly distribute the icing.
- Pipe lines of gray flood consistency royal icing with a decorating tip 1 while the white icing is still wet.
- Use a scribe tool to marble the icing. Allow the icing to dry completely.
- Pipe an outline with golden brown medium consistency royal icing and a decorating tip 2. Allow the icing to dry completely.
- Paint the outline with Liquid Gold Shine or gold luster dust mixed with vodka or any flavor extract such as vanilla, lemon, or almond.
- Use a petal tip 101 to pipe roses on a flower nail (Sign up for my online class to learn more about piping roses with royal icing).
- Allow the roses to dry completely.
- Dust the center of the roses with pink color dust.
- Attach the roses to the cookie with green stiff consistency royal icing.
- Add leaves with the stiff green icing and a leaf tip 352.
Watch the video below to see it all come together:
Pin this project for later!
Click on the images below for more cookies: