Royal icing transfers are a big time saver if you plan ahead. Once they’re dry, you can keep them on hand so that they’re ready for you to place on top of a cookie, cupcake, or even into a dollop of whipped cream on a slice of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving! You can see more Thanksgiving dessert tutorials from my friends Simply Bakings, The Squishy Monster, and Sweet y Salado on their YouTube channels.
Here’s what you’ll need for this project:
- Flat, portable surface such as a cake board or sheet tray. I prefer to use a rectangle piece of Plexiglass, which I purchased from a local glass repair and installation shop.
- Waxed Paper
- Masking Tape (to hold down the paper)
- Round Template (Trace a 1-1/2″ round cookie cutter on a piece of paper)
- Flood consistency royal icing
- Medium consistency royal icing
- Scribe tool
- Round decorating tip number 2
- Round decorating tip number 1
- Roll out cookie dough (my Orange Vanilla Spice cookie recipe is available in my tutorial shop)
- Colors: green, red, brown, yellow from the Wilton Color Right system